Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Welcome!

Hello World!

Er, I mean, hello and welcome.  This is my first blog.  It is an experiment in being open with the world.  Have you ever just wanted to connect with someone?  But you're sitting alone in your condo with the tv playing the tenth episode of Arrested Development in a row?  That's me (and that's only about two hours and twenty minutes so don't judge).

Let's go back to the beginning, though.  I have always been super serious about school.  This earned me (1) good grades, (2) a pretty good job, and (3) a mildly lacking social life.  I don't really have any desire to go out and live the party life like Cosmo seems to think I should, but at the same time, what am I supposed to do with myself?

I finished my masters in computer science in 2011 and got married in 2012, so now I don't really have any excuse to avoid finding myself.  So I'm still working on a list of hobbies:

1. cooking/baking: I love carbs, do you?  Breakfast carbs, dessert carbs, just plain bread.  But my cooking goes past that.  I really want to focus on eating "real" food: food where I know what it actually is.  It doesn't have to be health food, but I don't want  mouthful of chemicals.

2. quilting: I had a quilting mentor who passed away in October 2011.  I haven't quilted anything since... until now.  I just began a new project as a New Year's Resolution, and I hope that I am crossing the hump between grief and honoring a memory.

3. writing:  This is another one I've lost track of for a while.  I loved to write during high school, but it faded during college and beyond.  I roared back with NaNoWriMo in 2012, which was awesome fun, and hopefully that will keep me going.  It also got me reading a bit more, since reading is technically research for writing.

Drizzle says "keep reading... or don't, and then Mommy will play with me"
Hopefully I can document some creations and some delightful meals, not to mention anecdotes that will please you.  Welcome again to this fledgling effort.

~Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment